High-sensitivity micro DSC and isothermal microcalorimetry (-20 to 120°C) with in-situ mixing possibilities
The HIGHLIGHTS – Wide operating temperature range (from -20 °C to 120 °C): Cooling of the calorimeter does not require an external source.
– Very low detection limit: The μDSC3 evo detection limit is significantly lower (by a factor of about ten) than that of traditional DSCs. Calorimetric signals of less than one Microwatt can be detected. The very high sensitivity of the μDSC3 evo enables transition studies to be performed on small quantities of products and at very low programming speeds.
– Use in isothermal or temperature programming (DSC) mode.
– Possibility of studying samples in all forms: liquid, gel, powder, solid.
– Large range of experimental cells: including specific cells for studying reactions,
providing numerous application possibilities.
– Ease of operation: dedicated market leading CALISTO software that is not only intuitive but powerful enough to perform all typical experiments and data treatment.
-20 °C to 120 °C (Cooling under 0 °C requires the use of an auxiliary thermostat)
Programmable temperature scanning rate (heating and cooling)
0.001 to 1.2 °C.min-1
0.02 μW / 0.002 μW
Cells (“batch” or circulation)
1 ml, made of Hastelloy C, Removable
Pressure (measured & controlled)
400 bar / 5800 psi, requires the use of High Pressure cells and gas panel
37.4 kg (82.5 lbs)
Dimensions (Height / Width / Depth)
40 / 53 / 58 cm (15.7 / 20.9 / 22.8 in)
230 V – 50/60 Hz
With its temperature range (-20 °C to 120 °C) the μDSC3 evo can meet a wide range of applications, especially when dealing with:
– Pharmaceuticals, Life Sciences and Food: protein denaturation / aggregation in liquid, powder or gel form, enzymatic reaction, fusion/gelification of polysaccharides, gelatins, study of formulation and pre-formulation,
– Cements, pigments: wetting study,
– Polymers: association of polymers according to solvent, study of gels.
View the application notes in your field, available for download, by visiting our Application Library Area.
We have also included a powerful search engine that will enable you to find the most applicable data.