Large volume & high temperature DTA / DSC (ambient to 2000°C)
The requirements of different experiments are sometimes contradictory, e.g. low sample mass is needed for good transition detection, high sample mass for accurate determination of heat capacity; analysis may need constant or variable temperature; use of the crucible may be open or closed.
Two types of sensor have been developed to meet these different needs.
MHTC 96 hf-dsc for:
– Study of structural transformations in metals and alloys, minerals, oxides.
– Formulation of equilibrium diagrams.
– Study of material reactivity at high temperatures.
– Determination of heat capacity Cp according to the continuous or incremental method.
MHTC 96 drop for:
– In isotherm mode, used especially for drop calorimetry to determine the specific heat of very different materials, the heat of solution of metals in metal baths (alloy formation), oxides in oxide baths (complex oxide formation), calculation of thermal balances, etc.
– In programmed mode, it is the DSC mode for large samples. Applications are analogous to those of the DSC sensor.